May 28, 2012 §
A sure fire way to have a better week around here is to plan the week’s menu ahead of time. This can seem like a painful exercise but as the week goes on I’m always so thankful I spent the time planning 🙂
Even though I love to cook it can feel like a chore in the middle of a hectic week. However, there’s nothing more restorative than a healthy, home cooked meal. This week I get a bit of a break with Memorial Day
– Sunny Mushroom Bean Burgers
– Broccoli, Basil + Avocado Toss
– BBQ Tempeh Sandwich
– Aunt Peggy’s Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad
– Sweet Potato Fries
– Vegan ravioli and pesto with asparagus and kale
– Get Your Own 🙂
– Amazingly delicious vegan pizza (I promise to write this up!)
May 15, 2012 §
I spend a lot of time perusing the internet for vegan/vegan-friendly recipes (vegan-friendly being those I can easily adapt). Here’s a list of the best things I saw this week.
1. Almond milk. Thanks, Gustav! My almonds are soaking as we speak and my Monday oatmeal will feature the finished product. I’m such a geek for stuff like this.
2. Baked Spinach and Past with Creamy Garlic Sauce. Over the past year I have become intensely fond of all things garlic. This recipe calls for two roasted heads of garlic.
3. Giada’s Pasta with Eggplant and Pesto. I have a love-hate relationship with eggplant. Occasionally it’s mind blowing – more often than not it’s poorly prepared and impossible to enjoy. I’m crossing my fingers for this one.
4. Homemade Lara Bars. I’m always on the look out for easy homemade breakfast bars.
5. Vegan Brownies. There was a horrible mishap in my kitchen this weekend involving a nearly inedible pan of vegan brownies. Clearly my substitutions were off because I wound up with a pan on toffee-like brownies and they were nowhere near as good as that sounds.
Sigh. So many recipes. So little time.